View Single Post
Old 01-20-2008, 06:36 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Froglady

Froglady, bless your heart. I've had a few of those meltdowns lately too. In fact, I had one about 6 hours before I cracked my head open. I'm glad you find that information helpful- and I hope your husband DOES read it.

It's so hard for people to understand what it is that we're experiencing, isn't it? I don't think we could ever explain it in a way that anyone could relate to except someone that is or has experienced it.

I hope you feel better.

HUgs,
Lori

Quote:
Originally Posted by froglady View Post
Thanks so much Risiblegirl, this info has helped me so very much. I nearly cried when I read it. Now I have something my husband can read(if he will and that is a big IF) to help him understand and maybe he will quit telling me I'm "crazy!"
My emotions are terrible right now. I just finished having a meltdown a couple hours ago and cried buckets. Of course hubby was totally blown away by my behavior...yet he did get up and start straightening the house, which is his way of helping me. I like a very clean ordered house..no clutter. So helping me straighten up is a good way to get my emotions back in control. Now he straightened the kitchen, did not choose a chore I find hard to do. I am an old fashioned homemaker and Mom, so have always kept everything running and hubby is my little boy too! LOL Our biggest challenge is my inability to carry on and my great need of help with everyday living.

I like the time out idea. Maybe it would stop the many flare-ups and my shreiking like a banshee at hubby, if I could call time out. That is IF he would even try to participate?

So thanks again for this site.

~ Groucho Marx

RisibleGirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
froglady (01-20-2008)