View Single Post
Old 01-20-2008, 06:58 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Thankyou mrsd for that link I will open it when I finish writing this.

At very big risk of repeating myself Glen the tests I've had done have all been negative:

EMG/NCV; Brain MRI; chest, abdo and pelvic CT; QST; numerous blood tests for Vit B12; Folate; Homocysteine; CA125; ANA's; ANCA's; FBE/CBC; LFT's; U7E's; TSH, T4,T3; ACE; SPEP; Endomysial A & T-glutaminas; GTT; ENA's (extractable nuclear antigens); and urinary porphyrins.

The GTT had a big dip on the one hour reading and the two hour reading came back to the baseline fasting reading - considered a normal result even though it is called a 'flat line' reading.

When I had the ANCA's done originally the comment came back that they couldn't determine the presence of ANCA because of the presence of ANNA (Anti Neutrophil Nuclear Antibodies). When I mentioned this to the second neuro I went to (because you mentioned that this could be important) he then ordered the ENA's - which were normal. You have already responded to that in a message a week or two ago.

So I am going in circles really - although trying not to spend too much time thinking about it - just living! The terrible fatigue and brain fog that I had for four months has lifted significantly since I started on the shark liver oil and the N-Acetyl-L-Cysteine.

Within two days of starting the shark liver oil I physically felt one afternoon at 3pm my thinking becoming clearer as though a veil had been lifted. It was truely extraordinary. I've never had such an amazing result from ANY supplement that I have ever taken...amd I was quite negative about taking it too and spending more money on yet another useless thing! By the third day the incredible fatigue had gone and this lasted for five wonderful days.....then the fatigue returned - but not as bad though. This was when I added the N-Acetyl-L Cysteine and a couple of other things and have been coming out out of the slide again to the point where now I am just feeling 'normal' tiredness.

So that's about it in a nutshell. The fatigue much better but the PN the same.
Megan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote