View Single Post
Old 01-21-2008, 03:45 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Kate Hardy

Hi, I have been away for a week and would have posted sooner.

I think the best thing that you could do for your client is to make certain that she/he has information as soon as possible. Lack of information just about drove me crazy - well crazier than I thought I already was. Also to let your client know that what she is feeling is normal for the condition and another thing that I would have really appreciated early on was meeting with somebody else who has had the same complaint or is still coping with it. Just knowing that you are not the only one seems to give comfort.

The site that Lori referred to is the one that I found on the internet and diagnosed myself after repeately going to the ER doctor (I was new to town and didn't yet have a GP) and complaining about my headaches etc etc and he simply looked at me and said "I know about people like you, I used to work for an insurance company" That was 6 and half years ago.

I tried to keep working, with all the problems - memory was shocking tiredness terrible all the usual ..... in the end my employer spoke to a dr friend of his and she luckily had been a head injury unit doctor and referred me to Dorothy Gronwell neuro - you may well have heard of her- she has written several books one of them is very very basic and an excellent starter for a new pcs person - if you google her name you will come across her - the book covers several real incidences and age groups. Unforntunately Dorothy died of a heart attack after my 2nd visit. I think she used to work with somebody from the US even though she lived here in New Zealand.

My psychologist last year was trying to convince me that I should accept as I am and not waste energy on wanting and trying to recover. I couldn't do this as I have to have hope and my dreams - to not have this doesn't bare thinking about - and that is another story on my bad days which seem to be here at the moment.

Good luck with your client and I am really pleased that you have done this for your client. The world needs more like you!

Lynlee
Lucy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote