Thread: I fainted again
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2008, 04:07 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Lori

Do you think that you should stop working for a while - I can guess that it would be the last thing that you would want to do but I think you need to give yourself a total break/rest.

About 3 years after my my 2001 bangs to the head I was over tired and had got up during the night for the bath room and fainted - hit my head on the umbrella urn was knocked out when I came around was incapable of standing etc - ambulance was called - had to get the side of my eye/forehead stitched only got 5 stitches - was enough though!

After that I went off to an independent neuro/psychiatrist and he immediately reduced my working hours to 3 hours per day, I took his report to my GP and said this is it and he certified that I was only capable of the 3 hours so insurance is paying the balance of my salary and in all honesty I now accept and believe that this is all I can cope with - sure some days I feel like I can do more but I always end up suffering for it. Yes it is depressing and really hard to accept as I know that I was so good - did so much - was so capable and all the rest.

And I am still a firm believer that what you do in the early stages effects the outcome of your recovery.

Please think about this, I don't want you being like I am 6 years on

hugs Lynlee
Lucy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote