Thread: RSD Nightmare!
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2008, 08:14 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitty View Post
I was diagnosed with RSD in 1999, and it was unbearable. The doctor told me they had never seen the skin changes so quickly. But the fast skin changes was lucky for me, that the doctor recognized the RSD and started immediate Stellate Ganglion Blocks. I have some damage to the bone and muscle, but not too bad, and I had a severe case of RSD that went into remission with the blocks. I now do not have to take pain medications, except for over the counter, and I have been truly blessed. What I do not understand, is that if Paula Abdul has RSD like I had, there would be no way for her to work (it is too hard to just breathe and not commit suicide) If it is in remission or cured as she says, why all the drugs?

Hi bitty,

I have quite a few RSD friends who still work despite their illness.
To some it is the destraction they need to keep from focusing only on their pain.
Of course it does need a very supportive employer and good pain management but it can be done by some who are able to adapt their work to fit in with any disabilities there maybe.
I wish I fell into that category but I don't and was inclined at first to think they did not have the same amount of pain I had but that is not so--I should never have made that assumption--they are people I admire very much.
Best wishes
Tayla
tayla4me is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ali12 (01-21-2008), Sandel (01-21-2008)