Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lara View Post
Hi Monica,
I asked a similar question a while back. I'll post the link to that thread below. It might be helpful. We all live in different locations and for some of us the temperature is often above the recommended shelf temperature. Also from what I can see it's the relative humidity that can be the major problem with storing a lot of supplements. Certainly is for me.

http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/sh...light=vitamins
Lara is correct....

And so is Sharky.

Things that oxidize quickly...should be in the frig. Oils, are in that category.
Probiotics are "alive" and keep longer refrigerated too. (quality ones that is).
Magnesium supplements are very unstable in humid conditions. Magnesium draws water to itself.

Most regular vitamins are stable at room temp. If that goes above 85 degrees F...then cooler is better. Light also is a problem, so cool dark, low humidity is the ideal. Vit C is light unstable. Normally with a regular supply bottle of most vitamins environmental damage is unlikely. If you buy ahead, several, to save money, you have to think about storage more carefully.

Also check your expiration dates, and don't use any discolored, falling apart items.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Monica de Lara (01-22-2008)