View Single Post
Old 01-21-2008, 09:37 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Hi Bitty,

Welcome to the forum.

I too am pretty much in remission due to lots of good medical care and SGB's.
I am still not able to work though. I tried going to work 3 different times and got down. I finally realized I can't do it.

As Tayla said though, there are people who can work with it but again I think they had the help also to get it into remission really quick and feel the need to keep going. I have a friend that is a Nurse. She always comes to mind. Every time I have surgery at our hospital, she is there. She is a great caring person.
Anyway, she has it in her left foot. She told me everytime she feels it coming out, she goes and gets a block. She's had it for at least 15 years.

Other people have it much worse. I was like you. I was so suicidal, my Dr. put his office staff on watch for me. He was on call for me day or night because of the pain and my suicidal tendencies. It seemed like it took us forever to get the pain calmed down. Actually it did take about 7 years. We finally got it to the point that I could focus on living about 2 years ago. I have delt with depression all my life but when I got RSD, it seemed like it was going to finish me off.

I think when it comes to working, I think it depends on how fast it is caught, the care a person gets, how bad the RSD is, and some people also have no choice but to try and work because of financial difficulties.

I'm glad you are in remission. We need stories on here of this kind to help others see that it can be done.

I'm also glad you found the group. You will learn a lot here and enjoy everyone here.

Ada
dreambeliever128 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Sandel (01-21-2008)