View Single Post
Old 10-03-2006, 01:35 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Hi lahgarden

I thought that I would tell you what happened with me and food sensitivitys.
I've had IBS for most of my adult life, it was really not that big of a deal. I kinda learned to ignore it. I ate mostly healthy foods, next to no juke, organic etc. Then in 1997 my mom bought my husband and I a bread machine, that was great, we ate bread in a variety of ways, eveyrday.
Over the next couple of years I started gettting more IBS issues, headaches, dizzyness, tingly hands, face, feet, mouth. Shaking inside,like small temours, wierd disassociated feelings, lost in space, I call it And lots more stuff, I evently had to take a leave of absense from work, I've never been able to return.
I happened upon this site a few years ago while doing research for MS, this is what the drs thought I had. I wasn't testing postive for anything. Anyways I had persivered with this one dr for a good 4 yrs, then I left him, because he wasn't helping me at all. I then went to a new dr and I was able to get my medical file in my own hands. I read that my B12 was 243, I cried. For the last 4 yrs I could of been taking B12 and healing myself, but the drs was so dumb, he never even mentioned it.
Well it was through this site that I learned that my IBS was gluten sensitivity, one week going gluten free, my energy level went way up, 4 weeks into the plan, I learned that milk also made me sick, and that soy gave me a bad headache and pain all over my body. Little by little I am feeling better, I know that it will take years to repair, but at least, I'm repairing.
I hope my story inspires you to keep looking and learning, take care, Patricia
turner is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote