View Single Post
Old 01-21-2008, 12:01 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi all
thanks for all your replies! I am trying to use my voice software but having trouble talking so I can't send along message. This thing is pretty cool when it works but it has trouble recognizing my voice.

I am doing okay as long as I keep up with my meds every three hours. Yesterday I had a pretty rough day was still in pain even with the meds. I think some of it is nerve pain because it feels similar to what it felt like before the surgery but 10 times worse. It comes on real fast and then goes away after I can think of something else and breathe deeply. I am still having trouble with swallowing and talking. The more I talk to more pain than I get in my voice is extremely crackly. I sound like I swallowed a frog. Every slight move from seems to hurt around the incision. I guess with it being in the neck it makes everything difficult.

I have a question that hopefully some of you might be able to help me with
is it normal to have numbness around the incision shoulder chest and jaw area. I feel like I have been shot with Novocain all over. My chest on the right side near the incision feels like a board and is know numb. My shoulder hurts to touch and anywhere around that area. I kept asking about the numbness in the hospital but nobody gave me a real answer. The surgeon told me that it could be the nerves are just irritated. I am concerned since it has been a week and still very numb. My chest still hurts especially after talking and breathing deeply. Is this normal? Also is not having a voice in difficulty swallowing normal after surgery? And this morning my hand was pale white absolutely no color and and cold. I feel the same as before but worse. I am pretty worried about my voice and the swallowing along with the numbness I sure hope this gets better.
Momz

Wishing I could think more positive and be well again!
momzpeachy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote