View Single Post
Old 01-21-2008, 01:37 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I was excited and happy to read your post West. I will re-read it again when I have more time (and wish I wasn't rushing out the door!)

Very sorry to read of all the woes you had with Ambien. I am a migraine patient and I can't take that medication very well. What I mean by that is 9 times out 10, Ambien will cause me to have a migraine.

Finding something to help me with insomnia is not really easy. Usually I rely on 1-3 mgs. of melatonin and some warm milk. Some of my migraine preventatives seem to make me sleepy as well. After I started an exercise routine, I started sleeping a little better and I am grateful for that. (BTW...I believe some neuros think that the B vitamins help with migraines as well as calcium, magnesium, CoQ10 and even melatonin).

My doc is very/ultra open minded when it comes to exploring the benefits of vitamin supplementation and often tests patients. A good year ago, he tested all of us and found many to be in need of additional B12. Hence, I take a B12 supplement. Since taking this, I do have a little more energy.

His latest concern is vitamin D. He gave me additional D2 to take and mentioned taking additional D in my Cal/Mag supplement. It seems much has been written about D3 and now I'm wondering if that is what he was talking about, if that would be better for me to take, or if that in fact is what is in those supplements anyway. Bottom line: D supplementation is up for discussion.

It is interesting/amazing how our foods and supplements can influence our body chemistry.

BTW...do you have any strong feelings regarding chelation therapy? Does a person take their supplements while undergoing chelation therapy? Do you have a good chelation therapy link?

Thank you very much for the links you have posted.
Vowel Lady is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote