View Single Post
Old 10-03-2006, 02:10 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Hello Ria

How are things going with you? I have thought of you and still marvel at the things you do.
Being a caregiver is about the hardest job I have ever had It has to be for you with your own problems. How is YOUR health? Sometimes we forget we are human , especially when our patient isn't doing well.

My own health problems have worsened and I am going to have to go to a Urologist (sp?) to try finding out if I have a problem with my kidney's. I surely hope not. things are bad enough already. They did find something when I had the last MRI.

I've been wondered if you could get several people to come in on different days so you can get out, have some free time. That would be great for you.

Well, I have had all of you on my mind and I wanted to check on all of you. I hope things are improving but doubt they are. One step at a time, but sometimes that 1 step won't even behave.

MIL isn't doing to good. NH called early Sunday morning, said she was sitting in the floor, now this was 5:00 a.m. The 2nd shift nurse told us she was crawling down the hall on hands and knee's. They didn't know, they just didn't want to tell hubbie. He was not happy at all and is still trying to find out what really did happen. As best as we could tell it didn;t appear she was hurt, but she had a very strange bruise on one of her hands. This was already there when she fell or sat down in the floor. It is very sad, She didn't want to turn my hand loose, Now she hardly says a word anymore, but she has begun to mumble a lot. Well I heard her plain as day when she asked me if I would be sure to come back,.

When we have to start being the parent and them the child, it breaks my heart. I had to do this with my own mom. She had brain cancer. I do thank God she was lucid until almost the end. Only new it about 7 months before she died. They did needless brain surgery. Maybe that helped her stay her loving self. I am so sad today. It does get to us at times.

Take care all, Jo

Last edited by JoJo6; 10-03-2006 at 02:20 PM.
JoJo6 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote