View Single Post
Old 10-03-2006, 02:23 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Neuropathy in the breast? Shingles?

Okay, my breast sonogram was moved up to today (somebody cancelled?) so I did some shifting in my testing schedules and went for it.

Of course, it was negative.

I'm wondering if I could have shingles?

Or is it possible to have neuropathy of the breast? One breast?

My issue is: right breast, 1.5-2 months, burning, tingling, extreme sensitivity to fabric (clothing, bed sheets), and occasional sharp shooting pains. A sense of swelling or perhaps inflammation? There is no blistering or other mark. No discharge.

On Sat night the pain was intolerable, I took 3 Advil, two Darvocet (4 hours apart) and applied a Lidoderm patch directly to my breast (I googled to determine if the Lidoderm was a bad idea, but got no hits so just ... went with it). About 3 AM, exhausted, I finally fell asleep.

I googled and found that it is possible to have shingles without blistering and to have blistering without shingles pain.

Without the fluid from the blisters, I don't know how such a dx can be made?

Is it possible to have neuropathy in the breast? Has anyone ever heard of this or experienced it?

I was told simply that: breast pain is very common, follow-up with your GYN.

Any thoughts or comments appreciated, including if you need to laugh at me for even thinking either of these 2 diagnoses are possible, I can take it.

But ... I'm on my own here with a clear sonogram and a "you'll just have to learn to live with it" comment.

Best, Dottye
LittleMischief is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote