View Single Post
Old 01-21-2008, 03:58 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavensWingsAussi View Post

Know what I really want to do in life? Skip-out totally on the 20th/21st Century and step back to an 18th Century farm-life. Much simpler, back to absolute basics, no modern-day rush. Just live by the seasons and deal with the day-to-day chores of gardening, tending livestock enough for a one-family farm, cooking, creating things to be cooked or preserved for later, and household chores. I'd never be bored, there'd be no TV, no phone, no electricity...of course, I would keep in some contact with the outside, modern world, but for the most part live apart from it. Think the Amish would accept me?
Hi,
I can see lots of appeal for the 18th cent but I would want to take with me Antibiotics, the modern stove, and the modern washing machine.

Even then, meals might have to be cooked 3 times a day and everything would be from scratch. No thanks.

But seriously.
Have you tried a reputable place like
Consumer Credit Counseling Services?
I used them back in the 90s for a while and paid off my debt.

They negotiated lower rates with the credit cards. I paid CCCS a certain amount each month and they paid the credit cards and other folks that I owed money too.

M.