View Single Post
Old 10-03-2006, 03:22 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Annie,

Thank you for your feedback and for being so honest. I'd like to point out though that while some guidelines are in place, they are all open for discussion and they are very new. The ability to discuss these is what gives Doc John the information he needs to be able to make changes, he has made posts regarding these topics asking for feedback so he can build this site to better cater to it's members.

(Edited out my quote since Snoopy types faster than I do!)

Regarding the trigger icon, you do not have to use it. You can simply just type it into the Title/Subject if it is needed.

Furthermore, the discussion of chocolate has not been banned - neither have hugs! If I recall correctly, there was a more 'heated' discussion regarding the 'happy' behavior, which was done in this area of the forums - not the Epilepsy forum in particular. You were not 'scolded' by a moderator or an administrator for being silly, but as mentioned - I believe I know which discussion you are talking about, and I know that some members do not fancy certain personalities - that is their personal opinion(s) which they are allowed to have, just as you are allowed to have yours. Personal attacks are certainly not allowed, and I will do my best along with the other moderators to make sure this does not happen to you or anyone else here. I am one of the moderators in the Epilepsy forum and I am content with off-topic discussions, however, just adding something simple to the post title such as "OT - Recipes" would be nice. Some members only want to read more medical-related issues, and I'd like to respect their wishes. Some would like to read more casual discussions, and having a pretty straight forward subject line available would make it easier for all members to find what they are looking for.

Off-topic discussions are certainly allowed (as you can see by viewing various areas of this website), but it is encouraged that users are aware that some content may offend others. There are many areas of this website which are designated specifically for certain topics such as humor, etc. - But some things are more condition related (like recipes that avoid triggers) which is why I would be ok to see them in the Epilepsy Forum (if given a "Title Tag").

I do hope you stay around, and your cheer helps many people here (myself included). Please remember the only way the doc is going to know what members would like to see here is by them expressing their concerns to him. I am sure he'd be happy to handle the topic regarding triggers and the icon and use of it. I do not think anyone would want to cause you a seizure or force you to use this icon, just typing a small message should do fine.

Everything is still fairly new, and I am sure many changes will happen in order to have everything in it's place to make sure people are happy and comfortable. But things like this take time.

Thank you again for posting this and being honest, it is appreciated.

*Hugs*

Ellie

Last edited by Ellie; 10-03-2006 at 03:28 PM.
Ellie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote