View Single Post
Old 10-03-2006, 03:23 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hello.I'll try and give my OPINION,but you better look into your situation carefully.First,I dont know who told you that you can't collect both at the same time.You can.As for being on SSDI and attending voc. rehab.What happens when you complete the program and they document that you can now do such and such and have completed such and such ,and you sign your name.You might believe that w/c and SSDI are completly seperate,however there are rules whithin the SS guidelines that state you are to notify SSA of any w/c settlements if SSDI is going to be considered.You would be wise to contact an attorney that knows about both programs. Or if you have an attorney ,have the atty.look into it. You dont want to find yourself down the road owning money and losing benefits.You ask "Does the fact that I'm in a VR program mean that I'm not eligible for SSDI? "So do you have the SSDI or not.If you do have them,then you are of course eligible. But you can also lose them.SSDI does review every 3-7 yrs. You better continue going to the Dr. and keep your case current.I know that if you were to look to settle your W/C case for a lump sum,you may be required to notify SSA of the settlement ,possibly pay an offset to SSA for future medical care,and I would think it wouldn't be a good thing for you if a voc. program states you completed a program that will enable you to work again.SSA does have a program that will allow you to work to a small extent ,but if they can get you off the rolls and back to work ,they will.
backless is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote