View Single Post
Old 01-21-2008, 10:55 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Ada,
Oh my Mom use to warm up olive oil & pour down our ears when we had ear aches. Also plastered Vicks on our necks & chests when sick. I remember wrapping an old sock around my neck & pinning it with a safety pin. It helped too. But yes the old fashioned way of doing things. Plastering 'mudd' on wounds etc. And I grew up on a farm in Iowa. We lived about 8 miles from Sioux City but like you we didn't go to a doctor for much of anything. We always took some form of vitamins & minerals even as tiny kids we took them & I kept them down fine. I wasn't an overly sick child at all. And luckily for my brother & I we neither one ever had stitches or broken bones & we didn't step on a nail even as farm children. *L* My one aunt thought it was cus my Mom was overly protective & never let us, especially me, get dirty *ROFL* Mom was overly protetctive, but Joel & I still played & got dirty & stuff. We were just careful, but mostly LUCKY to not to get hurt. We ran & climbed & jumped from trees & swung from ropes in the barn. We were extremely lucky I guess not to get hurt *L* so we didn't even get to a doctor for any of what you went for.

Like you I endured too the pain from FM. I would go out for sports, track is the one I was the best at. Short sprints were my specialty. I would ache so bad after practice I wanted to die, no one else seemed to hurt like I did, but I kept it to myself. I was in drill team also during the winter months. So pain was a friend. And it pretty much is still a friend, all be it, one I could live without *L*

DebbyV

Last edited by Debby; 01-21-2008 at 11:01 PM. Reason: had to add some info.
Debby is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote