Thread: My Update
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2006, 04:19 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default My Update

Hello fellow T.O.S. people,
My story began back in 1999 when I was having sharp pains and numbness in my right arm. I went to the doc and said I having numdness in both arms and hands. they could find no reason for it. another 6 months later and I went back to the doctors at Kaiser and said I having numbness in both arms and hands and it was getting worse. Again in 2000 I went to the doc's and they said they had no clue all the emg's where ok. In 2001 all of a sudden my right index finger stops moving it is frozen in the bent position. Ok now I have Pronator's Syndrom they Operate workmans comp kicks in I keep asking about the numbness. The doc's say it is my hands ok now i have corporal tunnel and trigger fingers in both hands. still I say my arms are going numb. Finally they send me to a shoulder doc he does both shoulders, cleans them out ok but still I'm having numbness, I go to a doc by the name of Dr James Avery in S.F. he is a T.O.C. speacalist and within 5 minutes I'm to have both shoulders done. Rib and scaline removal. The first was done 5-05 then the last was done 5-06 and I'm begining my foruth month of recovery. I had gotten some water therapy and that was the best but of course workmans comp cancelled all my theraphy and say's for it to be home stuff. I'm happ to have meet Dr Avery he is very good and I do recomend him to everyone. It is a 9 to 12 month recovery. I feel great and I'm lookin forward to returning to my life. The fight with workmans comp has been very tough .
David K. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote