View Single Post
Old 01-22-2008, 04:16 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I absolutely understand the financial hardship. I don't know specifically how bad off your faily will be without your income, but I can guarantee that they would be even worse off without your income and having you bedridden with them having to care for you and paying for someone else to watch your kids. It really is sinful that our governments can't find a way to get aid quickly when people need it. In the US....when your SSI finally gets approved, you get a nice retroactive check to cover back to the original time of disability. Doesn't help much if you have already lost your house though You have my sympathies.....what a crappy situation to be in (which adds more stress which adds more muscle tightness and more compression, so more pain......ugh !)

I just wanted to add that in the US.......on the social security application you have to write (and will get an automatic rejection) if you are currently working. Basically, if you are killing yourself by continuing to work, they figure you must be able to work, so they don't have to help out. You might need to have already gotten paid help to oversee the daycare or have shut it down to even qualify. Check out the laws in your area.......and please find a good lawyer to help with this process.
finz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote