View Single Post
Old 10-03-2006, 04:47 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default THIS is too funny!

I have a black lab which I used as my Service animal when my muscle weakness and loss of balance was at its worst.
She was fitted with a stiff walker/cane very similar to the ones used for Guide Dogs for the blind.
I could hang on to this for support and not lose my balance.
We went into the Warehouse type grocery store (Costco). It's a pain to take off of her so when I use a shopping cart I just let her follow next to my cart.
One time I was in a hurry, had a cart full with stuff and wanted to dash down one isle without cart or dog. So I left both the cart and my dog, Satin right there at the end of the isle. I commanded Satin "stay/remain"...she's very obediant.
People saw her standing there watching me go down the isle and became confused...thinking I was blind, they began searching for a blind person.
I clicked with my tongue, signaling her to come to me....everyone was very releived my dog had found me!

Another time....I drove in front of a store at a strip mall. I got out, opened the back door to let Satin out. Satin had her stiff walker harness on (as described above)...One of the sales people was watching me then decided I must need help...so they came out of the store and rushed to my side....asked me if they could assist me with anything and help guide me into the store.
They must not have been thinking...If I was sight impaired....how on earth could I have driven my car there? When they realized their "blunder" we had a good laugh...I was as tactful as I could be, trying not to make them feel stupid...but this was pretty funny...that I needed a guide dog help me into a store when I'd driven there on my own.

I'm so thankful I was able to find BT where I was advised about B12 and my balance and muscle weakness had a very close connection to a deficiency!
Blessings, Cheryl
Attached Images To view attachments in this forum your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Still life is worth living no matter how bad my pain is....there will be a better day....I tell myself this often, and the sun breaks through the clouds...and I smile!

Last edited by crytears; 10-03-2006 at 05:36 PM.
crytears is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Burntmarshmallow (09-04-2008), Doody (08-01-2008)