View Single Post
Old 01-22-2008, 10:03 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Hi Judy,
For the 1st time in my life I am trying to lose weight. I always had the opposite but due to mobility issues and meds I put weight on. Since starting all these meds I put on 30 lbs.! However, I lost 15 by switching off of Paxil.

Additionally, I found that eating smaller meals more frequently works better for me. My brain and stomach do not communicate well. I never feel hungry and have to force myself to eat. By eating smaller meals and filling up on fruit (not Montel style - 4 pounds would leave me in the bathroom for days. LOL), it helps me alot. I also find that the dreaded neurogenic bowel (a.k.a. constipation) makes my weight go up.

In addition to walking a little bit everyday, stretching exercises, and resistance bands, I make every move count. When I bend to pick something up I use it as an opportunity to stretch mucle groups. When I clean, I make several "trips" to put things away.

Congratulations of getting off some of the meds. What a great accomplishment and you must be so proud of yourself.

Hang in there, sweetie. You'll get there and we'll help you along the way.