View Single Post
Old 01-22-2008, 03:02 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Thank you everyone. Jim is doing as well as can be expected. The unknown regarding the possible bladder removal is worse than a UTI emotionally. We are definitely not going to do it if there is something else that would help. We have wondered if adding a super pubic cath at the lower end of his bladder would help? We have to wait and ask the urologist.

For those who don't know us, Jim has a urostomy. They created it by placing a piece of bowel to the top of his bladder that directs the urine out the stomach. He needed this to protect his kidneys from reflux. He has a very spastic bladder from his ms and it was shooting the urine into his kidneys. Add a UTI and you get the picture.

I hope this forum becomes very busy with us caregivers. While I do appreciate the other forums and the friends I have made, it's nice to speak with those who really know what we go through as caregivers. I am sure the same is for those who are sick. And then there are some of us who are sick as well and caring for a loved one. My biggest fear is becoming sick while caring for Jim.

Hugs to everyone, let's stick together and support each other.