View Single Post
Old 01-22-2008, 03:20 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Don't worry about me. The only actual change I'll be making is just changing where I buy the chicken. I will buy organic chicken.

But for 5 years or so, I've been eating sprouts, fresh Romaine, fresh tomatoes, (all the good stuff in the produce aisle). I wash them very carefully to get rid of whatever is on them. I also shop organic whenever I'm able.

Now Alan, he's the one with the coffee roll every morning.

But this is only in the a.m.

You see, I started to eat very differently after (we both did by the way), after we went to the nutritionist.

We gave up red meat, veal, we started to eat fish (small ones). I don't eat after 7 p.m. (and I did check on this with the guys at Cornell).

Some people (diabetics I mean) can't do what I do. They have to eat a certain way, they have to eat at night. But the ones I know that have to eat like this are the Type 1 diabetics.

I became type 2 due to being obese. I am extremely gratified to say that I am no longer obese. Maybe i have 20 or so lbs to lose. But I'm very tall and big boned. I used to wear a size 24 and a half dress (when I was 35 years old).

I am now a size 12. Just fine for me. I can actually look good in a skirt and top (that, to me, is a bonus).

I ate all that crap all of my life. I self medicated with food.

Thankfully, my brain kicked in and I no longer have the need to do that.

But I really never knew about the milk, the eggs, the cheese, the hamburgers, etc. My thing was chips, dips and hostess ho ho's.

I can only be thankful I don't have cholesterol problems.

But everytime I think of Alan eating raw foods and sprouts I have to chuckle.

He just came home with two free samples of something from GNC. Some kind of Raw Organic Food Bar. Everything in it is organic, no added preservatives, etc. I tasted a bit. Not my cup of tea. I'd rather have a salad.

But Alan can do this.

So if eating this way (hey, I don't expect miracles) but in 4 to 6 months, if I see a change in my arthritic joints, etc. hey, I'll do this for the rest of my life. It's a no brainer.

To me, if eating good equals less pain. I'm all for it. I don't have to think twice about this.

And if this doctor person had to fib about her cancer thing (I haven't checked into this yet), I couldn't give a fig. To me, it makes sense to keep the crap of one's body and to put good, organic, live enzyme stuff into it.

Too bad I didn't have my brain 30 years ago.

I would have been a 60 year old Raquel Welch.

lol

Melody
P.S. My sugar is doing fine. The people at Cornell actually think that someday I can go off insulin. Now wouldn't that be amazing??

I used to take Lantus, plus 4 oral pills. And before the Lantus, I was on 8 oral pills a day. UGH!!!

When they started me on the Lantus(in addition to the 4 pills),I was on 46 units of Lantus in one shot.

I am not down to 26. Every few months, they reduce it.

I go there in February.

So we shall see.

Believe me, ever since she said what she said about eggs, I can't even look at one. lol

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote