View Single Post
Old 10-03-2006, 06:09 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Signs of Gluten Intolerance???

I'm a mom of 1 CD and possible 2 others (test are inconclusive) and pregnant with #4. My body is telling me something, but I can't figure out what. I'm wondering if my body is telling me - no gluten, baby on board is CD too.

Symptoms -
Eat a whole wheat bread with organic PB and Jelly as a sandwich (no hfcs or artifical chemicals in the bread) - within 20 minutes I'm so sleepy I can not keep my eyes open. And Sat I was dizzy with vertigo. This isn't the first time this has happened.
I've eaten a Lean Cuisine meal with pasta and again within 20 minutes so sleepy I can not keep my eyes open, no vertigo though.

But I've eaten other gluten foods without incident. Breakfast crossant with eggs and sausage and cheese, snack of bagel and cream cheese, cookies, English muffin with PB and Jelly, hot pocket etc. No issues what so ever that I recall.

It seems only at lunch time if I eat certain gluten foods, I get sick.

I've thought carbs to sugar might be the reason as well. But again it isn't all carbs and whole wheat carbs convert more slowly to sugar, so it's got to be something else or a combination of somethings.
Electra is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote