Thread: Devastated
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2008, 04:01 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Hi nohope,
I'm glad you found such a wonderful group of people here. I'm very sorry to read that it's under such difficult circumstances but I hope that we can assist you in getting some online support as well try to help you find some other practical support in your area or home town. At the top of the page here there are some threads which list other things including some 'useful websites'. e.g. http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/thread238.html

Perhaps if you feel comfortable about telling us your general area, we might be able to direct you to a specific SOS group in your town or city. I'm in Australia which is a long way from most people who post here, but some of the websites listed show groups in the USA and we might be able to narrow it down closer to where you live.

I'm looking through the lists now so will post if I find the one I'm looking for which lists the different states. Also, if there appears to be nothing available in you area, it might be worth asking at the local doctor or better still a psychology centre if there's one near you. They are sure to have a list of resources locally.

keep talking and let us know where you're posting from (if you feel comfortable doing that) and once again, I'm glad you found this forum. Keep strong and know you're not alone. Also remember that while you may feel at this very moment that there is no hope, and we all understand that , I hope that as you find the support that can assist you, that you one day will see that there is hope. Just keep hanging on there.
Lara is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Alffe (01-22-2008)