View Single Post
Old 10-03-2006, 06:30 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I have been concerned about the little regressions that I have been noticing for the last few months. But like you said with Aiden, there are good days and bad days, on the good days you stop and think, "its not so bad" but on the bad days you are quickly reminded. Rileys progress report had a note attached that said "she is making limited progress this year, her skill vary greatly day to day" That was a reality slap to read..

I ended up giving her diastat after I spoke with her neuro's nurse this morning. She has done better today than she has since the drops started. She only had 3 of them today - and none after the diastat; as opposed to the 10+ she has had ever day since they started.

It is hard when I look back at where Riley was at 3, how "normal" she was then, and then look at her today.

Dr. P told me months ago that Riley is one of the kids that most likely never have total seizure control, so we are looking for that balance between seizure control and quality of life. I am having a tough time accepting the fact that she needs to wear the helmet again. There is no doubt that until we get these thing figured out, and I am leaning toward the Keppra being the aggrivating factor.

Tomorrow is a bright new day and hopefully we will have both the Keppra and Topamax levels back and know what to do.
Sarah (14) Aspergers Syndrome
Victoria (16) Above Average Teenage sister
Jade (11) my niece, but now also my baby
Jacob (6) Possible Aspergers, but we have to sort through his anger/abandonment issues first
Jackson (4) The sweetest little guy you will ever meet.
Busymommie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote