View Single Post
Old 01-22-2008, 06:51 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Lesions & symptoms!

Guys, trying to track down symptoms and correlate them with lesion location is really not very helpful. I know how tempting it can be, as I've done it myself. But the brain is so complex and we know so little about it that what you think might be true, probably isn't.

I'd like to post a link to another forum thread, but because my post count is so low, I won't be able to do so yet - so if you'd like to get to it, just PM me and I'll send it to you.

The forum thread is by Quixotic, and it's on MedHelp. This is one of the better write-ups and collections of information I've found.

"Secondly, all good MS doc's will tell you that they believe that many brain
lesions are still invisible to the MRI. So we know that there are some lesions that can't be seen which can still cause symptoms. So that makes drawing conclusions IMPOSSIBLE between where the lesions in the brain sit and what the symptoms are. But, sometimes they can form generalities. Some researchers have found a statistical relationship betwee frontal lobe lesions (which is not one of the commonest places) to the very debilitating fatigue. Lesions in the brainstem are often associated with balance problems or spatial orientation problems."

This is definitely worth the read!
Jensequitur is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote