View Single Post
Old 01-22-2008, 08:33 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Actually (and a Hi to Hey Joe). in my case, I really don't think it's a fad diet because I went to a nutritionist (2 actually, because one was at Cornell). It's all about my diabetes.

I've just cut out all the crap. I don't miss it and because I know that I did this to myself, well, when I look at my nice grilled chicken over my nice healthy greens with lots of sprouts (don't laugh), I actually like this.

I don't miss the potato in the evening. I don't miss the gravy. (Maybe I do miss a meatball or two), but I can always make turkey meatballs.

I don't deprive myself. I just don't miss eating that way anymore. And my body shows it. So I do this for myself. It's not for everybody, that's for sure.

I haven't watched the rest of that tape yet. I can't wait to see what she thinks people SHOULD eat!!! Probably tofu and almonds. Neither of which I like.

We have to find a happy medium. I lost my weight, I got my sugar down, so for me, it's good.

Oh, Alan just announced. "We're going to Dunkin Donuts tomorrow, I'm not ready to give up my coffee roll".

That was a really fast fad diet, now wasn't it?? lol

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote