View Single Post
Old 01-22-2008, 09:46 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi jcrew, I am taking those same medications. Its better to keep the vicodan in your system rather than only when it is unbearable. That way your pain cycle doesn't get away on you. The vicodan really doesn't do much for RSD pain. I have had two nerve blocks to date. The last one took the swelling down and things felt better for awhile.

I work full time and find it hard to do parts of my job these days. I have been indenial of my stuff and just now am trying to figure out how to make RSD fit into my life. As it wants to have more than I want to let it have.

I have had it now for three almost four years. I have read that within the first few months of having it you have much better chances of it going into remission. So I would ask about the nerve blocks for sure when you go to the Dr. this week.

I am starting pool therapy and I feel much better when I can move around a bit more. I am hoping that this will give me some relief for awhile and get me more mobile than I am right now.

I am exploring getting some accomodations for work but than I am worried about doing too much of that. I don't want to be let go by the company for "other" reasons...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcrewrockstar View Post
No, I have had none of those treatments that you mentioned. Thus far, all I have had is a tenative diagnosis, a referral to an RSD educated/pain management doctor, physical therapy (I, thankfully, have a wonderful physical therapist always tells me NEVER push "through" the pain...to stop, when it hurts), and the medications of Neurontin and low dose Vicodin.

Thanks for the info. Any info and feedback is more than welcomed, I feel I need as much support and information/ideas as possible.
vanityfaire is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote