View Single Post
Old 01-22-2008, 10:58 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I didn't know that you already have a lawyer....that's awesome.

I know the end of the month will be difficult for you......it's not just the financial (although that is a huge factor, I understand), but working with kids is what you do.....it's hard to give up a vocation, not just a job. I do think, in the long run, that this is a good move to help with mgt of your TOS.

Regarding your vocational assessment.....you know how we all have good pain days and bad pain days ? You don't want to rest up, so that the day you will be better able to handle the day out. You want to do the laundry (lots of folding) and type a lot here so that they see what you look like after just trying to manage your household.

Do you take narcotics ? Make sure to mention that. Does driving make the pain worse ? Have someone drive you to that appointment and make sure they are aware that you can't drive, or can't drive if you've taken narcotics. Yes, I know a lot of people here do it.....and I know that we are probably safer driving when our pain is controlled than not controlled, but God forbid you are ever in an accident, I don't think the cops will understand as well

My situation is a little different....I'm in the US and it's WC. My WC has to pay for a cab to come and get me and take me to IME exams. My state requires a state voc assess in WC cases that go on over 6 months. When I asked the WC people for a ride to that (over 30 miles into Boston), my voc assess was canceled.

Good luck with all of this. They certainly don't make it easy on us.

and now, I'm all typed out. I might look into the voice recog thing
finz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote