View Single Post
Old 10-03-2006, 07:46 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Just Diagnosed

For me bipolar was swinging almost daily between euphoria - dancing, singing, leaving jobs to go get "lost" and never return, felt like I hadn't a care in the world... or sometimes I'd buy big items- like fancy computer monitors/tvs, or bunkbeds... and it always felt "super". I'd talk a mile a minute about everything yet nothing one day then fall into depression thinking seriously about suicide the next. This went on for YEARS before I was finally correctly diagnosed. Before, I was told I was depressed. I also had vivid visions of maiming people which were VERY scary. Or I'd wander around the neighborhood "un-attached"- floating-like, through the world and everything seemed so much more vivid and dream-like. I would get afraid that I'd do something stupid, so I'd go to my boyfriend's house just to keep myself "grounded"- so I couldn't take off and drive away. Once, I took off to Georgia (I'm in Michigan) and got there in about 10 hours- to visit someone I'd only known online. The swinging moods were extremely EXHAUSTING! I just couldn't take it. The 'happiness" of mania, is not happiness at all- it felt like I was compelled to do things- to run and do SOMETHING ANYTHING! Uncontrolled and separated from reality and judgement. I evern have had sex on the first date w/o protection in the past.

As for treatment, I'm on Celexa - but not sure if they are just weaning me off, or just back to what it was- and just a month ago (when diagnosed) was put on Depakote for the mood swings.

Last edited by Nathan1097; 10-03-2006 at 07:50 PM.