View Single Post
Old 10-03-2006, 09:44 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Female Cycles & Seizures (Warning Inside)

Warning: This post will discuss my periods, feel free to flee if this subject offends or grosses you out!

---

Giving people time to run...

---

I was wondering if any of you ladies or if any men who know of women who have seizures have requested a hysterectomy due to catamenial seizures (epilepsy). I've only recently started to experience these over the past several months, and while some people find they only have more frequent seizures - I have extremely painful ones the day before my period. They get worse every month.

I made a list, similar to one you'd make for all of the reasons you love your partner - except this is the opposite. It is like: "The ten things I hate about my ovaries".

I am a tough girl, and these turn me into a huge wuss. I find myself in the fetal position wondering if I am going to die or not, and I honestly cannot deal with these, and god forbid they get worse - there's no way I can handle it.

Do any of you have these? What are yours like? Do yours hurt or do I just have bad luck?

Also, did you happen to ask to have a hysterectomy due to these and did they allow it?

I can't have children anymore, although I am only 29. I have never had a regular cycle, sometimes I have two per month sometimes I just have one lasting 7-10 days. Regardless, they all hurt and I was dealing with that just fine up until the seizures came with them. I have my limits, and these are bad enough I am stressing out two weeks before I assume I will start (it could be 1-3 weeks, again - it's not regular). I am afraid of my period now, I don't want it to come.

Has anyone found a treatment for this? My seizure meds do nothing for me, they increased me by 1,000 mgs trying to calm these 'period seizures' but it's not helping.

I posted in detail how the seizures feel in the post I made here about "My Story" if you're curious.

I hate to be such a baby, but I keep thinking about them and I am now paranoid and scared to death of my own cycle.

Do you think if I ask them to take out whatever produces these vile horomones they will laugh me out the door?

Sorry for so many questions, I'm a spaz (take note of my avatar!).

Thanks in advance for any help, and again - sorry for bringing up my period, I know some people hate to hear about that.

Hugs,

Ellie
Ellie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote