View Single Post
Old 01-23-2008, 05:42 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default brachial plexopathy lower trunk

in january of 2007 i was diagnosed with carpal tunnel and severe cubital tunnel of the left arm. it started in my shoulder with really bad shoulder pain now its the entire arm.. my hand goes completely asleep. my chief complaint is my elbow the pain is sooooo severe i cant stand it. sometimes my elbow freezes up and its hard to use it. i also have pain from my bottom neck to my shoulder and pain, numbness and a strange sensation under my collarbone. i turned my claim into work comp but it took till october 2007 for it to be an accepted claim. i started with a treating primary dr in my area. his opinion was the elbow was so severe that there is no treatment available that would make a difference for me. he sent me to a nuerologist last week for additional testing, and 2nd opinion and additional treatment options. since it took a yr to start treatment and it had been a yr since the prior emg the neuro repeated it...... he found the elbow to be fine, how i dont know since it is my biggest complaint also he said i have carpal tunnel in both hands and i have brachial plexopathy.. after researching it online i see alot of comparisons of brachial plexopathy and tos. i have sooooo many of the symptoms of tos. the neuro didnt explain any of this to me just gave me my diagnosis told me to wear braces at night and rest my hands for a month. i dont know where to go next or what to do. i am however blessed to live in houston, i did see dr naths website, dr noon, and dr azi....does anyone have any advice? know the diff between tos and brachial plexopathy??????
littleladiee34 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DiMarie (01-25-2008)