View Single Post
Old 10-03-2006, 10:35 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Spring No-rolls

cnf/df/ef/gnf/nf/rsf/mf/v:

I recently ran across this recipe again, we used to make it a lot and I'm trying to remember why we stopped. I think it was b/c I suspected the cabbage was contributing to tummy aches for dd and I. (This was in "the beginning" before I knew wheat and corn were the real enemies) That and the shredding takes two hands. I can't use most of it anymore, but thought it might fit the bill for some others...Anyways...Adapted from an eggroll recipe, it does make a good filling for ricepaper rounds, but also a nice dish on its own or topping rice.

1 small head of cabbage (remove tough outer leaves and save for use as a compress.) grated or chopped into small pieces.
2 large handfulls of mung bean sprouts (soak in a bowl of water with 1/4 tsp vinegar, then rinse)
1 med zuchinni, grated
2 large carrots, grated
1/2-1 onion, chopped
2 cloves of garlic
soy sauce to taste* (dd used to have me leave this out, but I recall it tasting better with. Obviously, use appropriate sauce for your allergens)

Put 1 TBS sesame oil in bottom of large saucepan. Sautee onion and garlic lightly. Add all veggies, cook for about 15 minutes. Drain, add sauce. Serve over rice, or whatever. You can add slivers of tofu, or some kind of meat, or slices of "scrambled" egg if you'd like, too. And bell peppers make nice additions too.
mistofviolets is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote