View Single Post
Old 01-23-2008, 06:44 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default can't lie

I can't lie, after reading what the two of your wrote, it breaks my heart to hear that you can't do half of what you used to do, or, how the pain can take over and rule things so much. I, too, used to be athletic...in the beginning of this injury, the hardest emotional component was losing part of my identity in a sense. I was the girl, in college, who went to school on scholarship, played soccer, and was Player of the Year. I was the girl who played basketball, everyday, with the kids I took care of and mentored at work, i was the girl who lifted weights everyday and had defined arms. All those parts, I came to realize, were wrapped up in and with my identity. It was a grieving process until I came to accept it.

But, it is hard to hear that RSD can continue to, even with understanding employers, and tons of medication, take more and more from you. I completely understand having to have emotional strength and equilbrium; that is the one thing I feel I have control over and refuse to surrender it to RSD or anyone/anything else. I only wish for you guys, for myself, for everyone, that, with medication, RSD wouldn't have the power, the wrath that it seems to have, to continue to control and dictate so many limitations in everyday life.
jcrewrockstar is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote