View Single Post
Old 01-23-2008, 08:32 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I lost my mom in 2003 and my dad in 2001. I sure do miss them. It was a terrible time of loss. In a period of 19 mos my husband's boss died at 58 from leukemia, my neighbors four yr. old son died inexpiclitly from a yet undivulged illness (most likely meningitis or encephalitis). I'd just returned from my dad's funeral when we found out this little neighbor boy had been taken to the hospital.

MY father in law died just prior to my dad, then my mother in law and shortly there after my mother.

Grief is very hard to deal with. I felt like crying again when I read about the tea cups.

I have little left of my M&D. Most of what we have is in our hearts. There is always a day when we say "wouldn't mom or dad have loved this day" or "my it sure doesn't seem the same at the Holidays".

I have one little blue glass bird that was my moms; one of those very tiny ones that people used to love to collect. I think of it as 'mom' looking down on me and enjoying the things I celebrate and mourning my losses. I bet this might fall under crazy, but I don't care. The bird ' reminds' me of mom and I take comfort in it.

I remember how I'd hear of people who had lost their loved ones saying it is always with you.

Yes, you tuck it away and get on with life, but you don't forget.

Diane
MorningBroken (02-21-2008)