View Single Post
Old 01-23-2008, 09:13 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default My visit to the chiropractor etc

Well -------- I just about don't know where to start!

I spent about 2 hours having my spine and skull poked and prodded, answering questions, and tests.

*the temperature of my head taken in about 10 different places
*blood pressure taken both arms
*weighed with feet on different sets of scales
*eyes open and then shut marching on the spot
*plus more.

You may think that is nothing unusual - well it is the first time in my 6 and half years that I have had those tests - I am now thinking how basic and am angry that they have not been completed before.

My MRI which was taken last year was looked at and immediately abnormalities were picked up - we are yet to discuss them - again I am so angry - anger - such a waste of energy. The absolute worst thing that can happen to a brain injured person is to be treated so poorly and inadequately by the supposed health professionals - mean nasty vicious and dishonourable comes to mind.

X rays were taken - yet to hear about them as it turns out a temp was doing the processing and wrecked them - so will have to do them again - and it is a 2and half hour drive away - groan - I have been told that they wil discuss immediately after redoing them.

I have been told that I have pressure ridges on my skull, that my spine and surrounding areas are very sore - I kind of knew but my brain hurt more so you don't really notice these things much.

She also said that if she didn't know my history that she knew I would be feeling really awful and in a lot of pain. She believes that I can be made to feel at least 50% better, but would take about 2 years with my spine being sorted out first and my skull last. Apparently it would be a waste of time only doing my skull without the spine being sorted.

Something of interest is that she said the 2nd vertebrae in your neck is the one that can effect your headaches and nausea - can give you migraines. So all of you with continuous bad headaches may want to have your spine looked at.

My problem is that after the very gentle poking and prodding (nothing else) I was in a lot of pain for a couple of days. Lucky I was on holiday as I would not have managed my 3 hours of work.

I was told if I start treatment that I would probably feel worse before feeling better. I honestly don't know if I could cope with feeling worse for any length of time - I feel that I am at the max end of the coping levels now and also if I had to take more time off work - like going from full time to my 3 hours per day is hard enough but to have more time off........ If there was a guarantee I would quit my job and see if I could survive 2 years with no income - don;t think that my insurer would pick this up. Also I would lose my practising Certificate - I think I can take a years leave from the Association and that is it.

After the provigal drug disaster at Xmas I am too scared to get too excited about this as I don't think I would deal with another false hope very well.

Anyway snooze time - if I think of anything else (no doubt I will) I will add and edit later.

Would love opinions from you all. Thankyou for listening

Lynlee
Lucy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Nancy F (01-24-2008)