View Single Post
Old 01-23-2008, 09:50 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Dear David,

I dont usually post on this board but for some reason I stopped by to look around and your post jumped out at me.

I have the autoimmune jackpot, I have M.S., lupus, type 2 diabetes and blood pressure that is out of control. And a whole host of other stuff.

I thought that I would let you know that you are not alone.We have 2 kids with type 1 diabetes. Our son was diagnosed at 2 1/2 years old and our daughter was 9 years old. Actually our daughter was the hardest to deal with as she was older. She went through the same things that you are dealing with right now. It isn't easy but it does get better. Truthfully it is harder on the parents than it is on the kids.

Both of our kids are grown now and our daughter is an RN in the CCU at our local hospital she is also working on her CDE (certified diabetic educator). She also developed Alopecia Totalis when she was a freshman in high school this means that she has no hair so she wears a bandanna all the time.

Our son is a med student. He wants to do emergency medicine. He is currently doing research on diabetes gene (no I cant even begin to explain what it is he does).

They are both very involved with the juvenile diabetes youth groups. I am sure that there are such groups in your area. If you are interested you can PM me and I will send you their e-mail addresses. They have dealt with type 1 adjustments and they ate both on the insulin pumps.

Here is the group that they are involved with they are now both councillors with the camps both the summer and the ski camps.
http://hodia.org/

Good luck,
My last words will be "I don't need to read the directions honey hold my beer and watch this!
Gary is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote