View Single Post
Old 01-23-2008, 11:10 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Thanks all of you! It's nice not to feel so alone with all of this.. it's been pretty isolating..

This is going to be a short generalised reply...

Firstly I went to see my GP about it (PCP) and he doesn't know what's happened or why. NHS won't do an MRI scan as an emergency (apparently). So have had some blood tests done (though amusingly I passed out 8 times on the way to the surgery (6 minute walk from my house) and it was him that (nearly) passed out when I had the blood taken!! Bizzarely had no neurology work up. I'm passing out slightly less - apparently about 40 times today including one where I fell from my wheelchair onto the floor! However I'm getting amnesia episodes where I can't remember what's happened or conversations I've had etc which is pretty scary!

Sandel - thanks so much babe... problem is in the UK you wait years for some appointments and there's very little you can do to hurry them up! So though the GP reckons some type of autonomic disorder and I'm positive on a tilt table test I haven't seen the consultant yet. Otherwise, much more emotional, low blood pressure, high pulse, low blood sugar levels, dizziness, loss of vision/ double vision, paralysis, extreme exhaustion, amnesia/ amnesiac episodes, frequent faints (40+ day) and fits (5+ a day). Increased pain... inability to go over any form of bump or movement of my back and neck so can't tolerate any form of step at all. I love vanilla - thanks babe!

Hey heather - I haven't got a PM from you??! how are you doing? I finish this semester in the Summer but have a couple of weeks off at Easter. I've just cancelled some of my work for now and will just try and take it slowly.
Much love and thankyou ... this thing is scaring me quite alot!!

Love ya

Frogga xxxxxxx
frogga is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote