View Single Post
Old 01-24-2008, 11:05 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by doydie View Post
I'm ok. Notice that that was lower case ok. The weather is bumming me out. I haven't been sleeping well. Since I don't really have anything to do, I sleep in. My bodies clock doesn't put me to bed until around 1 AM so I sleep until about 11 AM. So yesterday I set my alarm for 8:30 to make myself get up and do something. I didn't get to sleep until after 4 so I turned my alarm off. Woke up at usual time and forced myself to not take a nap. Other than not sleeping and my psoriasis driving me crazy, I'm ok.

I really miss my grandkids. I know it was just December 31st that I last saw them but I miss them. The baby is walking and doing more of her own version of talking and I want to be part of that. So we're going down Super Bowl weekend.

All MS sx stable.

I was very much a people person when I was an RN and have changed a lot since I stopped working. I was used to this crazy group of people here. And then we had that huge influx of new members who all knew each other and a lot of the people already here and I guess I got lost and was quiet for awhile.
Oh, Doyd, I totally understand what you're going through. This time of year can be so hard, I find myself forgetting why the caged bird sings.

This life does try to isolate us, doesn't it? Isn't it hard to believe that our old, actives selves have come to this? We've had about a foot of snow in the last day, and now the sun is shining full and it takes me right back to a time when on a day like this, my colleagues and I competed to call in sick first so we could play hooky and go skiing. Sometimes, it seems like it was someone else!

Hold on, Doyd, a new day is here and each one brings us closer to spring!

For every day I choose to play,
I set aside a day to pay.
—AMN

"Sometimes plastic wrap just won't cling, no matter how much money you put in the meter."

—From the Book of True Wizdom
AfterMyNap is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote