View Single Post
Old 01-24-2008, 11:20 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Hi Roxie.

Go bundle up, slather on some sun screen, go out on a sunny day and sit on a chair and take a 20 minute nap in the good old sunshine.

I once read that all we need is 20 minutes a day of sun.

Yeah right, NOT WHEN IT'S 17 DEGREES OUTSIDE!!

Hope you're up to snuff.

Take care

Melody

P.S. I don't know if Vitamin D is stored in the body but if it is, I should have my fair share. Growing up, my father always owned boats. He even built a hydroplane all by himself. Of course I was too fat to ever go on it, but I got to go on the cabin cruiser with the Evinrude Motor (god, I remember this like it was yesterday, and I must have been 7 or 8)

I used to sit on the tip of the boat (never wore a life jacket) because I could swim like a fish. He would rev up that engine and we would hit the waves and I used to love it when the boat would hit the waves from another boat. It would toss me back and forth. He also taught me how to drive the thing.

Then, when we got back to the marina, I would help hose down the boat and put the tarp on it until we went back the next day. I sat in the sun every weekend because we took the boat to the beach.

All I actually did was get really bad sunburns and had to put noxema on my back.

Oh for the good old days!!!

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote