Thread: Crumbling
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2008, 11:42 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

One big, warm, tight, hug, handshake and howdy, moose-size official type welcome to the site.

Task Force Moose Protocol:

Retreat: Pull away and push back some of what is wearing you down. Multi tasking is over-rated. Allow yourself some leeway or concessions without slipping into a pity party. Accept that some things you can't change. Find those and let them go. Just excess baggage in this juorney through life. Who needs it?

Regroup: You weren't specific but that's OK. There are always positive options in getting help. ---Sometimes you can get so low you can't see it and just want the pain to go away. Trust me. I have been there.--- Coming here is a great first step in getting help. Make small changes you can live with and a plan you can enforce.

Reload (My favorite part). Putting the plan into action and watching the results. Making lists and keeping a journal has helped me a lot. If for nothing else, to get the emotions out.

None of these steps are to be rushed.
I hit rock bottom 6 Oct 05. Two years after diagnosis, I had become a worthless drunk. Turned to self medicating as it were. DUI, MANY broken bones, some didn't heal right. Three months in 2 different hospitals.
Lost almost everything.

I share this so you know I'm not blowing smoke. And never forget...

You are not alone.
You are one of us.
And we are here to help.

Always outnumbered...
Never outgunned

*I* am the MonSter that MS fears
MooseasaurusRex is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Annelee (01-24-2008), ewizabeth (03-02-2008), FinLady (01-24-2008), Foggy Brain (01-24-2008), Friend2U (03-01-2008), Jodylee (01-24-2008), SallyC (01-24-2008), sugarboo (01-24-2008)