View Single Post
Old 10-04-2006, 02:15 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Smile

Hi ellie Couple of thoughts.

I read on your other story that you are on depakote. I had a bad reaction with depakote (here it is called epilim [sodium valproate]) after a period of time; it affected my hormone levels and sent me out of whack. It is a rare side effect and not commonly listed with this drug. Might be something to check up with your doc.

My szs do coincide with my periods, and I asked my neuro about this. he said fiddling with hormones may actually worsen szs, which gels with what you've come across too, so you may want to do more research into this.

I have had good results with magnesium supplements along with switching to Topamax. not total control, but better, not as bad and longer in between szs. It has been some months since a 'bad' one, and only minor blips on the radar when I do get one (mine are only SPs).

Consider seeing a gyno to make sure nothing else is happening in that dept, but someone who is used to working with E meds.

Finally, some ((((hugs)))) because these things basically suck! i hope you find some answers and reliefe soon
lexiathedragongirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote