View Single Post
Old 10-04-2006, 02:32 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Dear Chemar,
I'm sorry to hear this is setting off a tic exacerbation. I would think that if he had pain or swelling it could be enough to set off some mouth or facial tics. As you know, illnesses such as colds can set off sniffing tics and other facial tics and so a sore mouth might get those vocals going too. I've not seen this with wisdom teeth necessarily, but it is common for tics to occur in areas where there is pain, whether that be from painful tics or some other cause of pain. Is he ticcing just in the mouth or face area, or just generally waxing?

Last time I took my daughter to the dentist they needed to do an xray and found that she has a couple of wisdom teeth that are not growing the right way. I wasn't happy to hear that because I had an awful time with my wisdom teeth when I was in my 20's. My son has problems with his teeth because he was a tooth grinder from a very early age and had so many nasty teeth banging tics over the years. I sure hope he's not going to have problems with his wisdom teeth. The last time he needed dental work he needed to have a general anaesthetic because he ticced too much. Thankfully it's not like that these days.

Carolyn, all I can say is that you're very brave, but I always knew that.
Lara is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote