View Single Post
Old 01-24-2008, 04:36 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member
Default Argh. I'm starting to hate my crochet forum.

I moderate a crochet forum, and am starting to not want to do it any more because everytime I try to tell someone to not post a copyrighted pattern, I get kvetched at.

I just got an email from someone I emailed earlier today, all ticked off at me because I told her not not announce that she's emailing a pattern to someone in the forum.

In forums that participate in copyright violations, one of the big indications that they've sent a copyrighted pattern is to tell the person they're emailing to watch their email. A pattern is coming their way.

This girl emailed me back, all ticked off. Apparently she has a computer program that she uses to write her own patterns (not a copyright violation unless she's using trademarked or otherwise copyrighted images) She expected me to remember that she has this program. (ummm...out of 1000 forum members...no.)

So, now she's all mad at me, and I'm still not used to ticking people off doing the moderator stuff. ARgh!

I guess I'll stay here in the MS forums that I lurk in for the rest of the day. Safer over here. No angry crocheters here trying to stab me with their crochet hooks and the odd knitting needles.
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Jappy (01-24-2008), SallyC (01-24-2008), tovaxin_lab_rat (01-24-2008)