View Single Post
Old 01-24-2008, 05:37 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by greta View Post
Some of you know my beloved greyhound Luke. He was my lei-wearing avatar at MSW. I haven't bothered to search out the avatar file yet.

This morning, I noticed this giant lump near the junction of his hip/back/leg area. It seriously came out of nowhere and looked like an alien might come out of it. Of course, by the time he had his vet appt at 2 pm, it was almost down. Vet didn't think much of it, but got some fluid and it looks like he's got some mast cells in there which likely indicate a tumor. Poor boy has to go in and get it removed on Monday. He had a muscle cancer in 2003, a giant benign spleen tumor in March 07, and now this. He's 11 years old and my best boy.

I'm not really worried about it right now, and I don't know why. I was frantic last year. I guess I'll know more in a week or so after they take it out and biopsy it. I just feel bad knowing that he's got another surgery to go through. It sucks getting old. I don't know how much longer I'll have him, but I hope he will continue to have a great quality of life for as long as I do have him.
Oh Greta,
I'm sorry to hear this, but hope that everything turns out well. I understand where you're coming from. Dylan, our Chocolate Lab is our baby, and whenever anything happens to him, I fall apart. I will keep both of you in my thoughts and prayers tomorrow, and hope thay Luke fares well!

All the best,
Chris

Chris is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote