View Single Post
Old 10-04-2006, 06:57 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default How my furbabies were named . . .

I have two little Minpins. When I went to the breeder, only two little girls were left. I had my heart set on the teenie, tiny little one. She was approximately 10 weeks old and she barely weighed 1.5 pounds. Her sister was twice her size weighing in at 3 pounds. I fell in love with the 1.5 pound little girl -- she was so little and so delicate.

I collect art and antiques and thought the little one, being so small and delicate should be named Tiffany. Of course, I couldn't leave her 3 pound sister behind so I adopted her too. It took me a while to come up with a name for her sister. She went about a week before I gave her a name. After observing her, she reminded me so much of my beautiful Labrador who had passed away the month prior to my adopting the two Minpins. My Labrador's name was Mindy. When I adopted Mindy, her name was actually Gucci. I didn't think Mindy looked like a Gucci and decided to change her name from Gucci to Mindy. So I thought, I can't call the new little one Mindy and decided to honor Mindy by calling the 3 pound little one, Gucci.

That's how Gucci and Tiffany came to be.
always-aching is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote