Thread: A ray of hope
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2008, 06:41 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Terry,
The broken glass feeling arrived the first day I was allowed to put weight on my foot after ankle surgery. I had been in a cast for 6 weeks, but when they removed the cast my foot looked like a bear's claw, so they put it in a cast for another six weeks and told me to start putting weight on it. It was a nightmare to put weight on--made me want to scream--and although I complained, the nurse insisted it was normal and to keep at it. I remember thinking, wow, all people who have surgery go through this feeling of walking on broken glass? How horrible!! Of course, it was RSD but they weren't able to diagnose it at that time. I don't know if that helps you at all. My hope is that your pain does not worsen and that your son's pain is alleviated soon, somehow.
Hopealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry View Post
Hi Hope alot,

I'm glad you are feeling better!! I'm sure your story will give many people hope. My son has RND (reflex neurovascular dystrophy) in his stomach - I would give anything to take his pain.

I have a question for you - you wrote that it felt like you were stepping on broken glass - I have recently been getting that feeling in my foot - at this time it is annoying , not painful - how did yours start? I hope you don't mind me asking. I recently went to the doctor and they did blood work on me - I'm not sure what they are looking for. Anyway when I saw that you had that sympton it made me curious.

Thank you and I hope you continue to stay pain free.

terry
hopealot is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
terry (01-24-2008)