View Single Post
Old 10-04-2006, 07:35 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

It hasn't been hard having both in the house, simply b/c only 1 child is GF and he has no desire what so ever for gluten. Last year when he was dx'd we spent months telling him over and over and over again that gluten free won't hurt his tummy, it was nearly 10 months before he would eat and feel hunger. He was 3 1/2, now he's 4 and very happy not to eat gluten. He is so good about asking too.

I would say the majority of food that he can reach is GF, chips, cookies, cereal, etc. And if something has gluten, it goes up high or in the garage. There really isn't too much in the house with gluten, all dinners are GF.

I wanted to put my oldest GF this summer for the month of Aug as a test, but I was so sick in this pregnancy, I was barely out of bed most days. I still have very low energy and need to get to GF baking again.

I do not bake Gluten items at all anymore b/c I just don't want to contaminate my kitchen. I'm gaining back my kitchen downstairs in an apt space we have rented out, so I might make that kitchen be glutened for birthday cakes, guest baked goods etc. Gluten Free kitchen & a Gluten Kitchen!!!

Going GF for me would only be difficult for breakfast. I usually need something quick ie microwave and high protein - microwave breakfast sandwiches. I used to cook in the AM when I only had 1 child, but now my kitchen is always a mess and I don't get to cleaning it up from dinner until the next afternoon. But if I made the committment to do it, I would make it work.
Electra is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote