View Single Post
Old 01-24-2008, 08:20 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyFishin Momma View Post
UUUMMMMM..........standing quiet in back of room so as not to draw attention.....

(FFM...has never had one)

But I am young and I have NO boobs at all.....Can see me through an xray....have had tons of them and MRI's in the last 2 years.......think I am safe? Seriously...I dont think I have enough to get in the darn machine...I dont know how they could do it????
Cancer doesn't discriminate. I could probably fall into the negatives size-wise and at 24 I had my first lumpectomy (which was cancer, but did NOT spread).

Also, they make machines that are a little more friendly for the less-than-blessed ladies, however, the accuracy isn't as high and it's really painful (requires a lot of pulling ). An ultrasound is what I have done now to monitor mine, the poor lil fellers just don't have the elasticity to work well with the regular machines.

It's quite difficult having smaller hooties to feel lumps as I thought mine was one of my ribs (it fell between them). I have to exam myself in various awkward positions; standing up, laying on back, laying on left side, laying on right, etc.

Anyway, check the boobies cancer doesn't seem to care about their size!!

Oh, also - the one I had removed did NOT show up on a mammogram, it was my gyn who did confirm the lump and ordered an ultrasound after seeing the mammogram was clear (as he was sure it was not clear).

Ellie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote