View Single Post
Old 01-24-2008, 08:34 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default new with questions about mg

A little over two years ago, I started having some strange health problems.I started having problems swallowing.I would take a bite chew it up and swallow,but it wouldn't go down, sometimes this would make choke.I lost my appetite, could only drink liquids and I felt like crap. I was also having constant dirreha(because I was only drinking ensure and water.) My left eyelid started drooping when I was tired.My knees also started swelling.I had a swallow study done, ihad a upper gi and a colonoscopy, both came back normal.I went thru this for about 5 weeks, then I was able to eat again and I felt better.I thought it was over, but I was wrong.The symtoms keep coming back. Sometimes it only last a few days somtimes it can last weeks. Everytime it comes I have problems swallowing and can't eat, and it's back to ensure.My drs have tested me for lupus and ra,all of those have been negitive. they think that this is a autoimmune disease but they don't know which one.
Last week I asked my dr to test me for mg, when I did my own research this is where I ended up.mg doesn't explain my swollwen knees. But it pretty much explains everything else.Today I had the acetylcholine receptor antibodies and the anti MuSK antibodies done as well as a chest xray to look at the thymus gland.I will get results within a week.
Do these attack come and alot?
What do you all do when you can't eat because of swallowing problems?
I am sure I will have more ?'s later. I just wanted to come by and say hello.
thebookcritic is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote